Breakfast - Gut Nourishing Almond Butter Protein Cookie Crumble Recipe
Gut Nourishing Almond Butter Protein Cookie Crumble Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (Fan Force).
- Place nuts into your high speed blender and grind down until they become a chunky thick nut butter.
- Add coconut oil, egg white, cinnamon and sea salt into the blender and combine.
- Slowly add Daily Uplifter (Protein), ensuring everything is combining smoothly, until a dough is formed.
- Form into small bite sized chunks to create crumble pieces (approximately the size of 3 medium almonds) or use a teaspoon to help place droplets onto the baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the pieces start to turn a golden colour and your kitchen smells delicious!
- Remove the tray from oven and let cool - the pieces will harden as they cool.
- After letting the cookie crumble pieces cool for at least 15 minutes you can spoon them into an airtight container, and store in the fridge.
- Serve with fruit over the yoghurt of your choice as a delicious parfait for a mouth watering and gut nourishing breakfast or snack option!
|Energy (kJ)||911 kJ|
|Energy (cals)||218 cals|
|Added sugars (coconut sugar)||2.5g|
|Total Dietary Fibre||4.1g|
|Prebiotic Soluble Fibre||1.5g|
|Vitamin D||1.0ug (10% RDI)|
|Calcium||102mg (13% RDI)|
- You can always switch the nuts for your preferred ready made natural nut butter such as peanut, cashew, almond, or any of the delicious mixed nut and seed butters available.
- Coconut oil is used to help create the smooth and crumbly texture of the final cookie, if you prefer not to use this, you may substitute it for Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), however this will effect the taste and texture slightly.
- Some alternative sugar free natural granulated sweeteners include monk fruit or stevia powder for a sugar free option.
- You may find the mixture sweet enough without the need to add any natural sweeteners. If this is the case, simply add a couple tablespoons of either ground up oats or a tablespoon of potato starch to help bulk out the mixture.
- Get creative with healthy additions to suit your taste and enhance your crumble pieces - hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, mesquite powder, extra vanilla or cinnamon, oat flakes, powdered peanut butter or cacao can all work well.
For an egg and coconut oil free alternative, simply blend:
1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter (or the nut butter of your choice)
1/4 cup Uplift Food - Daily Uplifter (Protein)
1 tbsp LSA
1 tbsp coconut sugar
Pinch of salt
Dash of cinnamon and vanilla (optional)
Same as above!